Monday, September 11, 2006

Ahoy Matey!



Some one turns 5 tomorrow!!

AnnaLaura's Birthday party was on Sunday. There's nothing like a house full of people to make you appreciate having some alone time. However, it actually was alot of fun, the multitude of children were rather well behaved, the menfolk seemed glued to the football game, and the rest of us stood outside (freezing) while pretending to watch the children. All in all, no one got hurt and much fun was had by all (or at least they all acted like they enjoyed themselves - thank you, everyone).

This year we had a Pirate Party. For the first time the theme was not Pooh related! Yippee! Also for the first time, I did not draw a picture on the cake. Instead, I stuck toys on the cake and called it good (thank you Playmobile)! I still had to frost the thing though...I hate frosting cakes. Really.



Since this was a Pirate Party, AnnaLaura received a Pirate Ship from Grandma (and a rowboat and raft - with a Pirate each - that I needed for the cake). It really is a fun ship with LOTS of little pieces that I'm sure will soon be in the vacuum bag. Let's not talk about all the Polly Pocket parts that will be in the vacuum too. Needless to say, my living room is an absolute disaster. I won't mention my kitchen if you don't.


School started last week and already AnnaLaura, who was soooo excited last week, wants to stay home because "cleaning up" is "too hard." Poor child. I wonder where she got that from.... I have pictures of the first day of school, but I'm not sure of the location of the CD since the house was cleaned pre-party. When it is located they will be posted.

Also coming soon, pic from our stay at the cottage. It's mainly sunsets, but there's some fun "whale-pulting" too. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Mama Grouch said...

Oh crap, now I will have to stay tuned...what on earth is 'whale pulting'?

You do know how to keep me coming back for more.

Congrats on the blog! As always, AnnaLaura is adorable, you are funny, and I miss you all.

Jill said...

Your bread looks like it baked up perfectly. What a great idea. I be Grampa was thrilled! Hmmm...maybe I'll have to give that a try sometime. I don't know though...I've been too busy working on my digital scrapbooks. :-)

Your new camera sounds great!

Anonymous said...

My first time checking out a blog page. Very interesting. And my name in print even!! Too bad Paige wasn't looking at the camera and smiling.
Will try out the Banned Book page.
Your lightning picture is fantastic!