Thursday, September 14, 2006

Summer Fun




This summer we spent 10 days at the family cottage on East Bay, just outside Traverse City. For 4 of those days we had a full house...errrr, cottage. Both nephews and a niece joined us for swimming, s'mores, and "whale-pulting." And what is whale-pulting? Well, take one giant inflatable whale, add 2 or 3 kids, and let them do what comes naturally - jump up and down and try to launch your cousin in the air. Isn't it great that kids these days can so easily find entertainment with nothing more than a beach toy? Nevermind the fact that they were 30 feet from the bay and the water was warm. Oh well.




We had a thunderstorm blow through while we were there...and I got a picture!!! Yippee for me!! My first ever lightning shot on my first try! Luckily AnnaLaura slept through the whole thing. When the wind blew all the windows open she merely rolled over. I did manage to finally get my car windows rolled up after I re-shut the cottage windows (which was after the inside of my car got soaked).




Unfortunately, the sun kept setting...and I kept taking pictures, and more pictures, and more pictures (7 rolls of film, yes film, but don't worry - I'm trading my car for a digital camera next week). I have made so many copies of some of these sutsets for people, I'm thinking I need to sell some. And then I need to shoot some weddings so that I can buy accessories for my new camera. Which means that I need a website. Which means I need to learn how to make a website. Anyone out there with some free time to make a website for me? Anyone?


I will leave you with this picture I managed to take without AnnaLaura noticing. Of course once she realized that I was taking her picture she stopped cooperating. This meant that I had to settle for taking more sunset pictures.

Well folks, I still owe you some first day of school pics...still haven't gone looking for that CD. When I find it though, I will share...I promise.

No comments: