Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Standing in Sand

So this morning, while the Kidlet was in the middle of putting on her shoes, I saw something in the shoe she was holding.
"What's that in your shoe?" I asked.
"Sand."
"Dump it out, please." I opened the sliding door for her.
"But it gets in there while I'm playing on the playground!" she said while sadly dumping the contents of her shoe out the door.
"That doesn't mean you have to keep it!"
"I suppose this means I have to take the other shoe off and dump that too..."
"YES!"
While dumping sand from her other shoe I hear her mutter, "I like having sand in my shoe...."
It was all I could do to keep from falling over laughing. There must have been over a tablespoon of sand in each shoe! It couldn't have been comfortable...
I love that kid!

1 comment:

The Crazy Purple Wombat said...

She's one in a million! I love that story! :) Thank you for sharing! CPW x x x