Friday, October 20, 2006

I Always Wanted To Dig That Up Anyway...

The snow that weighted down my lilac tree has melted...but my lilac tree stayed on the ground. Seems that the two largest trees (?) had snapped at ground level. Am I angry? Hurt? Slightly upset? Naw. I've wanted to dig that eyesore out since we moved in. So, after one hour of digging, pulling and swinging an axe, I no longer have a lilac tree on the east side of my shed (there is still a small on one the west side of the shed, and another large one on the east side of the house. Any takers?).

I had no idea I'd end up swinging an axe at lilac roots. There were a few times when I'd thought that I'd removed all I could, but then Mike would come out and chop at something, or dig a little, or pull a bit on something...and it'd work. You have no idea what my shoulders felt like for the next two days (nor do you want to).

As I'm sure you've all noticed in the lovely picture above, my yard is once again filled with leaves. Actually, it's not filled, most of the trees aren't even half bare yet. Now if it would stop raining, perhaps we could get some raking done. Of course, it doesn't seem that Mother Nature will oblige us any time soon. Rain is scheduled the next few days, and then the "S" word returns (by Sunday!!). I really hate that "S" word. I get grumpy enough when it snows in November, we won't get in to detail about my reaction in October.

Today I shall leave you with a cute picture Mike took the other night. Squishy (grey cat) was sleeping in her favorite spot when Tigger (orange tabby) decided that he wanted to sleep there. Since we got new furniture for the living room the cats won't stay off the back cushions..it's their new favorite place to sleep.

No comments: