Thursday, October 05, 2006

Summer is Over


Well, that's it...summer is over. Dad and Mike got the boat hoist back on dry land last Sunday while Grandpa supervised. While fall really is beautiful around here, I can't help but think about what's just around the corner. And I hate thinking about what's coming soon! In fact, whenever I hear someone use a certain 4 letter "S" word, I have an urge to cover my ears with my hands and chant "lalalalala." Northern Michigan would be the perfect place to live if it wasn't for the 3....errrr 4.....okay 5 months of white. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for sledding (not much of a skier, although we do have our share of ski slopes), I just wish it was warmer while I'm rocketing down the hill. Say 70, perhaps.

I will have to admit that driving around right now is wonderful. We're almost at peak fall color (at least up by my house) and everywhere you look is another brightly colored tree. Perhaps I shall drive around taking pictures while AnnaLaura is in school (ack! still haven't located school pictures yet!) tomorrow.....hrmmmmm. Now if only the temperature would come back out of the 50s. I heard it's suppose to be in the high 20s tonight. Brrrrrr.

AnnaLaura is enjoying school, thankfully. She has made new friends, one of which actually lives in our subdivision! I couldn't believe it when she was invited to a Birthday party just up the road! Now I'm sure some of you are wondering why I'm so shocked that a schoolmate lives that near to us, so let me explain. AnnaLaura attends a (K - 12) charter school. While it is a public school, it is not part of the local school district and is actually a district all its own. This means that not only do I have to drive her to and from school, but the students are from the entire county (and some from other counties as well) not just a localized area. Yippee for neighbors!

It's getting late, folks. I will try to find time tomorrow to add a bit more. Maybe. Please let me know if you want any of the pics in any of my posts. I will do my best to get them out to you!

I leave you with this collection of images

End of Summer

2 comments:

The Grays said...

Hey, how do you tile pics like that? You sure have been busy posting, huh? I never seem to have time - right now Jeana & Paige are trying to break the den door down. I don't think I'll even be able to finish this post, so I guess I'll ta

Wooly Thinker said...

I get the pics tiled by using Picasa. It is offered for free from Google. Actually, Picasa is what we reccomend to customers if they're looking for an easy photo software. There is not much in it for editing, however it does have red-eye reduction, straightening, and enhancing. Enjoy!